Veritas Sr Software Engineer(Windows Development) in Pune, India
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only do but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing:
You will be a member of a Product Engineering team delivering on the strategic road-map of an enterprise scale product.
The team imbibes Agile Values and Principles.
You will work with cross functional teams within engineering, product management, customer and usability groups.
You'll have the opportunity to develop thorough understanding of eDiscovery domain and influence product road-map.
As member of technical staff you'll have the opportunity to grow as a Sr Software Engineer in a culture of technical excellence, high team performance and strong work ethics.
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
Providing technical development and support in one or more of the following areas of specialization:
- Perform Configuration Management task (i.e. source code, merge, branching, test scripts, third-party software, build, packaging, release)
- Management and administration of builds, build servers, tools, environment
- PowerShell, .NET programming, Java, Windows platform, MS Build, XAML builds
- Automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools - GitHub, Bit Bucket, Jenkins etc
- InstallShield, WIX
- Security, Compliance and Privacy
Responsibilities:Work as an individual contributor in an Agile scrum team responsible for enterprise scale product supporting distributed architecture.
- Assist the development teams for Install, Build and Deployment specific requirements
- Provide continuous building of the product release, ensuring the compiler versions are up-to-date. Work with a build technology
- Verification by running unit tests, evaluating unit-tests coverage, running inspections etc.
- Partner with the dev/scrum teams to understand build requirements and incorporate changes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot to resolve any issues with CI\CD system
- Ensure release has been delivered on time and that all the required processes are being followed (e.g. archival, beta uploads, mastering request, copyright, water-marking, etc.)
- Participate in technical envisioning, technical design, and solution delivery for the assigned projects
- Improve end to end DevOps processes
- Work in an AGILE development environment
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal .